having trouble viewing downloaded vidoes

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
can you tell me what trojan?

also we need to know if your system restore is on or not, viruses hide and are copied in system restore files so we need to get ride of that also.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
great after cleanup lets try and reboot and see if the codecs are working if not, then lets uninstall and reinstall mega and make sure during install to check the box that about resetting the regkeys ;)

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
thats ok this time and next time you have problems with apps resetting the regkeys can get rid of lot of problems so make sure this time you check that one ;)

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
ok I'm gonna say lets do an xp repair which keeps all your files and stuff but resets the windows regkeys, the virus may have deleted some files or the cleaning of it may have deleted some files we need, otherwise I would blame your graphic card drivers.

now doing a repair will requier you to reinstall your graphic card drivers anyways, but you can try that alone and see, but I'm pretty sure its software problem.

so its upto you, do you how to do an xp repair off the xp cd?

Romstar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
sure enough it was the video drivers. Thanks a lot for finally fixing my problem. Trust me I will never bother you again lol. I appreciate all the help you have given me though. I just downloaded ati's latest drivers and it works perfectly. Very much appreciated, Thanks a lot.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
well first of all you are not bothering anybody, I'm here because I enjoy helping people and so is everybody else that is here.

second let me say it was my pleasure.

third let me apologize as I should have checked the drivers sooner and I have wasted more of your time then it was necessary.

however I'm glad you got it figured it out and good luck
headbangernu4.gif
headbangernu4.gif
headbangernu4.gif

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Play the video in VLC Media Player and hopefully it will work because it doesn't use Windows codecs and filters

stop spamming, read the thread first, videolan has already been advised and its not codecs if you read the thread anyways.
frusty.gif