having trouble with input audio, not playing or playing desktop audio.

Stefano Wills

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
I'm having trouble with sending audio. With stereo mix the other end just ends up hearing my desktop audio, and with microphone it plays raw static, like the type of static you hear on a TV. I can't even hear myself. This is on my laptop. Can anyone help??

Solution
Sounds like the microphone isn't picking up the sounds. I am assuming this is through either an external mic or a headset/mic combo. If this is the case, the laptop may not actually allow for an external one (or a combo one) to be used through the 3.5mm port on the device. The only way I know of to get around this, and use an external version (mic or combo) is to have either a device that connects to the computer via USB cord, or get a 3.5mm to USB adapter and use the device through the USB port.
Sounds like the microphone isn't picking up the sounds. I am assuming this is through either an external mic or a headset/mic combo. If this is the case, the laptop may not actually allow for an external one (or a combo one) to be used through the 3.5mm port on the device. The only way I know of to get around this, and use an external version (mic or combo) is to have either a device that connects to the computer via USB cord, or get a 3.5mm to USB adapter and use the device through the USB port.

Solution