HD ANTENNA RE-BROADCAST line of sight?

billo14

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
Simply put, to my knowledge my condo is over the crest of the mountains (in Fountain Hills, AZ) from the South Phoenix Valley floor where the South Mountain TV antenna's have historically transmitted the TV signals.

Would this issue have a large bearing on whether or not I could use HD ANTENNA RE-BROADCASTING signals/antennas??

<<Personal information removed by moderator>>

Solution
Yeah. All you can do is test. You could ask your neighbors, or your HOA if they have any first hand experience. Drive around and look at roofs. Do you see any antennas?

You can probably test with the antenna near the ground. If it works there, it should only work better on your roof or in your attic (unless you have a metal roof).

billo14

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
I believe I got those words when I Googled the subject and ended up finding on this website is what TomsGuide refers to using a rooftop or desktop antenna to receive the free HD television channels available. It was my belief using those words from this website would be most understood by readers here, LOL.

billo14

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

billo14

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
Thx Kanewolf, interesting ready on that link. I think the bottomline is you need LINE OF SIGHT point to point. That might mean "antenna TO antenna". I believe the answer is only known after you give it a try. That will be my test and I will post the answer when I get it.

kanewolf

Judicious
Yeah. All you can do is test. You could ask your neighbors, or your HOA if they have any first hand experience. Drive around and look at roofs. Do you see any antennas?

You can probably test with the antenna near the ground. If it works there, it should only work better on your roof or in your attic (unless you have a metal roof).

Solution