HD555's vs. PC 350's

bekabam

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
I'm replacing my HD161's because after 2 years, they are now broken :( . I've narrowed my choices to the Senn. HD555's (over the HD515, because the price gap is only about $20 now) and the Senn. PC 350's. These headphones will be used to listen to music, play games, watch movies, and even the occasional plug into my home theater receiver to play xbox and watch more movies :D . I'm looking for something that has rich sounds, not totally a flat dull feel, but I wouldn't mind if the headphones pumped the sound a little more, made it fuller, deeper bass, more crisp highs. The PC 350's are a bit pricey, but are very well rated by gamers, and have a microphone so a plus in my book. I've never owned a set of open design headphones, so the 555's will be a new feel for me, but it seems that they are a very good choice for their reduced price.

Is the price jump between the PC 350 and the HD555's justified, or are the 555's the better choice here?

Little edit: I do not have a dedicated sound card, I'm using onboard sound from my gigabyte motherboard.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
The 555s will almost definitely sound better, so I'd only go for the PC350s if a microphone is important to you.