HDMI audio doesn't work on PC when inputs are changed

magic couch

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I started getting an issue recently that I can't seem to fix. I'm using a Samsung T220HD monitor which is plugged into my PC and my Xbox 360 using HDMI. For some reason whenever I change inputs, my HDMI audio still works for my Xbox, but when I check back on PC it tells me that I've disabled an audio device. I have to turn on and turn off my computer to fix this, but that only works as long as I don't change inputs again.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my amd video driver and my realtek audio driver, but that didn't help. If anything I might have done something wrong because I had a similar problem before I uninstalled the drivers, but the issue was less consistent. What I mean is that switching inputs would cause the PC audio to stop functioning, but changing the inputs back and forth would sometimes fix it.

magic couch

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Well this is extremely frustrating. Normally I just plug in my headphones into my PC, but I've been using my Xbox 360 a lot lately so I wish I could just keep my headphones plugged into my TV and have everything work.

Also, I've confirmed that it can work, but if I change inputs on my tv it won't work so restarting my computer isn't much of a solution.

Anyone else have any ideas how I can fix it?

TRENDING THREADS