HDMI Dongle Converts Any TV into Android Smart TV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have 47" HDTV primarily for my computer.. Didn't think of anything else but to use it as my monitor.. I can do whatever I want via computer I told the smartTV saleman.. Then I realized, I just want to watch Netflix / youtube, why would I want to open my computer running 750W PSU just to watch movie?? Then it's now clear to me, I need to buy this device.. Beside, I can use this to any HDMI TV without moving my computer across the rooms!

G

OK I have one for a month or so now.

I firstly plugged in a wireless mouse into USB port and that made it much easier. The use of the supplied IR remote was painful.

I then tried a wireless air remote that I can wave around to move the cursor. It also has a querty keyboard. I worked very well.

I then bought a cheap 4 port USB Hub and have a USB stick, wireless air remote, and USB self powered CD player connected to the TV Dongle.

They all work well.

I can stream video from my TV and other devices as well a via Veetle and Crackle.

Further I have rooted the dongle and have access to a greater range of utility software.

All in all the dongle is as good as my Geniatech ATV 2000 Android TV Box but physically much smaller.

The range of apps available is enormous in both depth and breadth. The only complaint is that it only supports 720P and 1040P HDTV. My TV can use 720P but only 1040I resolution.

The dongle not only allows you to now have a smart TV but is far more flexible that the current range of smart TVs available.

G

I have everything working except sound.Does anyone have a suggestion on what I might try to get sound. I'm plugging into the same HDMI input that I use with my DVD. DVD has sound the TV Stick does not.
Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS