Solved! HDMI External Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2020
I have a Asus Zephyrus GA502 and on the website, it states that it has one HDMI 2.0b port. I have a AOC monitor that supports 144hz, however, it only has HDMI 1.4. I tried connecting it via HMDI and it connected. However, it is capped at 60 Hz and when I try to put 120hz, the resolution drops down significantly. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this issue? Maybe get a monitor that also has HDMI 2.0?

Nov 26, 2020
I believe the hdmi cable that came with the monitor is 1.4. I'm looking for settings in the monitor that could allow for 144hz but I cannot seem to find it.

Nov 26, 2020
Update: I returned the AOC monitor and went to Costco to buy a MSI Optix 27". I connected it through HDMI and the maximum hz I could get is 120 hz which is fine by me. I believe it was a monitor issue. I have one more question, I checked and my laptop has USB-C Displayport 1.4 which goes through the 1660 ti graphics card instead of integrated with hdmi. I was wondering if it would improve quality? Are there any big differences? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.