HDMI laptop - TV connection crashes immediately

msxoin

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
Hello.
Although I pretty much solve my tech problems on my own, I got stuck in this one for more than two days and I'm asking for your help guys, cause I came this close to crashing the remote on the wall today...this close....
I just bought a brand new 43 inch smart tv, and wanted to connect it to my laptop via HDMI connection.
I did everything normally. I created a new display profile through my Intel graphics program, in order for the laptop and tv to share screens. I also did that through Windows (I run Windows 10 btw), by accessing it through Windows key + p and choosing the right option. Nada.
It just keeps connecting for a second, the TV displays my laptop screen perfectly for one second, and then boom, it just goes away and says no signal.
I connected the cable and the laptop to another tv and they worked just fine.
One thing that I may need to tell you, is that the tv works on a 1920x1080 resolution, and my laptop's resolution is lower than that. Is that the problem?
Anyway, I am eagerly waiting for your views on that...

Multipack

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
It shouldn't make any difference what res the montior is, and you shouldnt have to do anything at all for it to display on an external screen. Sometimes you may need to choose the display in Display Settings (right click the desktop in Win 10) but that should be it. I fancy you may have overcomplicated it and disrupted the intuitive process of Windows and you should try deleting any profiles you have created and see if Windows can do it by itself. All I have to do is connect the HDMI from my laprtop and Windows automatically detects it and outputs to it instantly.

msxoin

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016

I knew that plug and play feature from the beginning. However, it does that from theb beginning, before I create any profiles.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also tried booting the laptop with the TV being turned on. Someone suggested that as well...nada...

msxoin

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016

I mean that the cable wasnt working at the first place, before I created the display profiles in Intel HD manager (or something like that).
So, to conclude:
No solution has worked so far. We have to think out of the box. Any other suggestions?

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
choose a lower resolution (ie. 720) for the second display. Further, my experience with windows 10 is it has "multiple display" issues. I went back to 8.1 to resolve mine.
having said that, what info is displaying on the TV... ie. "no connection", "invalid mode"... ?

msxoin

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016

I did select a lower res for the second display by myself. Nothing happened.
When the initial display of my laptop into the tv stops (after 1 second), it says "no signal".
I also forgot to mention that when it stops displaying my laptop screen, my laptop makes a sound, just like when you are disconnecting a cable. For example, when you disconnect a USB cable is makes a specific sound. Another sound when you connect it.
Same here. It makes a sound (different than USB of course) just when it stops displaying my screen.
I will try to connect my tv to my desktop pc to see what happens. I will keep you posted.