HDMI PC detects TV but TV receives no signal

Russell_9

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Hi, I just bought a HDMI cable to connect my desktop PC to my TV. The PC recognizes the tv with much details, my gpu even tells my the recommended resolution and refresh rate for that specific model. However, the TV receives no signal, the cable is fine since I plugged it on my laptop and everything is fine and I didn't forget to select the right input on the TV. I tried to change the refresh rate in Windows display options and all but nothing seems to solve my issue.

I really don't understand why my laptop is able to output it's signal but not my desktop.

My GPU is radeon r290, my TV is a Panasonic VIERA.

Russell_9

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

Thanks for the wuick reply. Windows 7 on the desktop and Windows 10 on the laptop.

Russell_9

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

I don't know, I guess so. I actually didn't have a look at that since the problem is related to my Win7 desktop. Do you think that upgrading to Win10 would solve the issue?

Russell_9

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

It's good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing that issue. I've had a bad time trying to find an answer to that! Maybe it's worth a shot to try and to the upgrade... I didn't want to but since it's reversible and all...

EDIT - Sorry I didn't read carefully, yes I have the latest drive I actually updated it last week, I tried to reverse the update pi it didn't work either.