Solved! hdmi splitter (stb -> samsung & sharp tv)

Aug 11, 2019
Samsung tv doesn't get signal when turned on, but sharp tv works. If only one output on hdmi splitter with Samsung tv, it works. Also if i switch the output hdmi cables between output 1&2 while televisions are on, the samsung tv will get signal(as will sharp tv).
I'm not sure where is the problem. I've turn off the cec setting on samsung tv, doesn't seem to affect anything.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Is the splitter an active HDMI distribution amplifier? If not that is what you need. A passive splitter never works on HDMI.
If it is active then the cables can be an issue. Perhaps a better distribution amp will work. That's why there is such a huge range in prices.
It does sound like you are having a handshake issue. That's why you can get it to work sometimes when you replug an HDMI cable. Try changing the order you turn on the TVs or the STB.
CEC has nothing to do with this issue.
Is the splitter an active HDMI distribution amplifier? If not that is what you need. A passive splitter never works on HDMI.
If it is active then the cables can be an issue. Perhaps a better distribution amp will work. That's why there is such a huge range in prices.
It does sound like you are having a handshake issue. That's why you can get it to work sometimes when you replug an HDMI cable. Try changing the order you turn on the TVs or the STB.

Solution
Aug 11, 2019
Thanks for your reply! I’m not sure if it’s an active hdmi distribution amplifier. But it not passive, comes with 5v power. My stb is usually in sleeping mode(with a screensaver like background when off) unless you turn off the switch directly on the stb.
So the issue is not about the samsung tv? (Model: Ua46d8000 just for info).
I’ll try different hdmi wires and others tmrw or so and report back.