Solved! HDMI to micro USB audio

Jan 25, 2021
I have a CD/DVD player and I would like to just play audio discs through a Samsung sound bar which has a micro USB port. The output from the CD player is HDMI. Is there a HDMI to micro USB adapter that will do this?

Solution
The sound bar USB is for input of photos and videos so must have an Audio input of some sort I assume. The model is HW-R430.
That´s not how this USB works. It´s a port for storage devices. The soundbar can play audio , video, foto files from USB.
Also this USB can be used to update the firmware of it.

But it can not decode direct audio streams. HDMI to USB is not possible with it.

Which disc player is it? You can plug in optical and aux as well.
If the disc player doesn´t provide such audio ports, you can use something like this...
Jan 25, 2021
the micro USB from the sound bar is most probably only for charging and not for audio data.

But which sound bar model is it exactly?

Maybe a blue-tooth transmitter can help

Hi and thanks for the reply.

The sound bar USB is for input of photos and videos so must have an Audio input of some sort I assume. The model is HW-R430.

That´s not how this USB works. It´s a port for storage devices. The soundbar can play audio , video, foto files from USB.
Also this USB can be used to update the firmware of it.

But it can not decode direct audio streams. HDMI to USB is not possible with it.

Which disc player is it? You can plug in optical and aux as well.
If the disc player doesn´t provide such audio ports, you can use something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-AV...819418&sprefix=hdmi+to+optical,aps,268&sr=8-5

It will extract the HDMI audio stream to optical spdif or aux

Solution