Headphone jack bent???

Sam_missles

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
I have a pair of Turtle Beaches. I really like them, and yesterday I had them in my iPad when someone knocks the iPad out of my hands, thus bending the headphone jack on my Turtle Beaches. Will they ever sound the same? I mean, they still work and everything, but if I go and get the headphone jack replaced at like Best Buy will they still sound the same??

Solution
They should sound fine as long as a new connector is installed correctly. The connector doesn't really affect the sound quality. It is really just a matter of the quality of the drivers that will affect it.

And just an FYI, if you're decent with a soldering iron, it is relatively easy to replace your own connector. You can get the part for a couple of dollars and just do it yourself. It will save you some money. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself then definitely take it somewhere.

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
They should sound fine as long as a new connector is installed correctly. The connector doesn't really affect the sound quality. It is really just a matter of the quality of the drivers that will affect it.

And just an FYI, if you're decent with a soldering iron, it is relatively easy to replace your own connector. You can get the part for a couple of dollars and just do it yourself. It will save you some money. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself then definitely take it somewhere.

Solution

Sam_missles

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014

Do you know of any places I can go that will have typically good prices and will do it right? And if so, what is the price range?? I'm no good with a soldering iron, much less even own one!(I don't think I do, but I might)

TRENDING THREADS