Headphone Static Help

Gosraj

Estimable
May 29, 2015
I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and a while ago, they had started this weird thing where they'd get really suddenly loud (louder than if I set them at full volume) and staticky. This seemed to happen whenever there would be a really loud, bass-heavy sound (i.e. a particularly loud explosion). I've been unable to find anyone with a similar problem. But I did find out that if I simply mute the headset then turn it back on it's fine, so I've just been doing that.

However, just a few days ago, everything got worse. Now, the bass in general is staticky. The way it works is weird though. If I'm watching YouTube videos, the first video would be fine and not have any static, but as soon as I click on a new video, the bass is staticky. There isn't an easy solution for this problem like with the last one, and yet again I can't find anyone with a similar problem.

So if anyone has permanent solutions to both these problems, please tell me! Thanks!

Gosraj

Estimable
May 29, 2015
I've tried re-installing drivers, that didn't work. I've tried plugging other headphones into my computer, and they worked fine without static. I've also tried plugging my normal headphones into other USB ports on my computer, but there's still static. I have noticed that if the video is staticky, if I pause it for a little while and play it, the static will be gone. however, it would come back next video.

EDIT: If I disable my equalizer in the middle of the video, the static will stop, but as soon as I turn it back on the static returns. What would cause the equalizer to suddenly not be able to handle bass?

Gosraj

Estimable
May 29, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Gosraj : "Headphone Bass Static Help"

I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and a while ago, they had started this weird thing where they'd get really suddenly loud (louder than if I set them at full volume) and staticky. This seemed to happen whenever there would be a really loud, bass-heavy sound (i.e. a particularly loud explosion). I've been unable to find anyone with a similar problem. But I did find out that if I simply mute the headset then turn it back on it's fine, so I've just been doing that.

However, just a few days ago, everything got worse. Now, the bass in general is staticky. The way it works is weird though. If I'm watching YouTube videos, the first video would be fine and not have any static, but as soon as I click on a new video, the bass is staticky. There isn't an easy solution for this problem like with the last one, and yet again I can't find anyone with a similar problem.

I've tried re-installing drivers, that didn't work. I've tried plugging other headphones into my computer, and they worked fine without static. I've also tried plugging my normal headphones into other USB ports on my computer, but there's still static. I have noticed that if the video is staticky, if I pause it for a little while and play it, the static will be gone. however, it would come back next video. If I disable my equalizer in the middle of the video, the static will stop, but as soon as I turn it back on the static returns. What would cause the equalizer to suddenly not be able to handle bass?

So if anyone has permanent solutions to both these problems, please tell me! Thanks!

(Posting this again under another category that I feel fits better)