Solved! Headphones are not detected by laptop

Jun 5, 2020
I have a dell inspiron 15 3000 laptop. My headphones are detected by laptop only when I plugged them in before starting the laptop. If I try to plug them in after the laptop turned on, it does not recognize my headphones. I tried things like updating windows, updating driver, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. They work fine with my mobile.

Solution
Hi, I have the Dell 7400... I dont know if this solution will work for you, but it worked for me.

Make sure you have the Dell drivers and MaxxStudio loaded up. Also make sure that you have the media pack installed (add/remove programs / optional features / make sure media feature pack is installed).

Do you have MaxxStudio, and does the test audio work in the lower right corner (if you have it)?

R

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Hi, I have the Dell 7400... I dont know if this solution will work for you, but it worked for me.

Make sure you have the Dell drivers and MaxxStudio loaded up. Also make sure that you have the media pack installed (add/remove programs / optional features / make sure media feature pack is installed).

Do you have MaxxStudio, and does the test audio work in the lower right corner (if you have it)?

R

Solution
Jun 5, 2020

R

I hadn't tried MaxxAudio before. I downloaded it and it said that I have to update windows. Since I already had done it, I downloaded drivers manually and installed. Then it worked. Thank you...