Solved! Headphones just randomly stop working on my laptop from time to time

Jun 29, 2020
It's 100% not a problem with the headphones themselves, since it works on other devices, my microphone seems to work as well, it's just a problem with the headphone port I think. Onboard speakers work fine, but when I plug in my headphones, no sound comes out unless I have my volume at 100%, but then I only get muffled buzzing from what's supposed to be playing.

I'd love it if someone knew what's going on with my laptop. I don't want to have to pay someone to install a new headphone port or something.

Edit: Randomly the sound will go back to normal without me doing anything after leaving the headphones plugged in for like 30 minutes and I have no idea why...
I've also tried reinstalling and updating my drivers every time this has happened and has never directly solved the issue.

Last edited:

CJb_432

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2013
Have you checked if there's anything inside the port that may be causing a bad connection? Is the port wobbly? If this isnt the issue you may have to open up the laptop and see if a wire or solder connection is loose.

CJb_432

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2013
Have you checked if there's anything inside the port that may be causing a bad connection? Is the port wobbly? If this isnt the issue you may have to open up the laptop and see if a wire or solder connection is loose.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
ScottyPXP Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
stinkal Laptop Tech Support 1
Simo Erberg Laptop Tech Support 4
Thewhitewalker99 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0