Headphones not being able to use the mic

bacwrds

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
I just got a new computer and I cant use the Microphone that is attached to the headset. On my previews computer it worked no problem. But now on my new computer it says that the microphone is says its not plugged in. But it is plugged into my headset.

Solution
What headset is it?

Common headsets with analogue (not usb, using 3.5mm) had two sets of wires, one for speakers and one for mic.

If its a 3 ringed all in one 3.5mm which i hope its not because that wont help you. 3 ringed audio jack is not a common feature on front audio cases and cases with front panel audio are for 2 ring plugs.

bacwrds

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017

it is audio only, but on my other computer i did the same thing. plugged it into the audio jack and not the mic jack.

Its the front case jack

mikeywhelan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

I'm not sure how it worked previously if it was audio only.
You may need some sort of adapter for it to work on your new PC.
Be sure and check that its enabled in audio manager (in recording devices)

bacwrds

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017

well <<watch the f-bombs please>> dude i cant afford to buy anything else after my build. guess im not gonna be playing with my Freinds for awhile

mikeywhelan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017

Sorry about that. If you haven't looked already, adapters are pretty cheap, you could pick one up for about 10 dollars.
Try different jacks, the back of your PC should have a bunch.

boju

Distinguished
What headset is it?

Common headsets with analogue (not usb, using 3.5mm) had two sets of wires, one for speakers and one for mic.

If its a 3 ringed all in one 3.5mm which i hope its not because that wont help you. 3 ringed audio jack is not a common feature on front audio cases and cases with front panel audio are for 2 ring plugs.

Solution