Headphones not exactly "working" on frontal panel only.

luigifan0410

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Just today I came back home and started using the PC. I plugged my headphones like normal (Phillips SHP2700) on the frontal panel, but then noticed something weird. When I tried to watch a Youtube video, the audio was even barely audible, and of what I could hear, several sounds were "missing". When I tried to check the problem with the Realtek HD sound administrator, I noticed something else. In the sound test that comes in it, the audio was just fine, but I could only hear it in a kind of weird mono fashion. It worked part stereo, part mono (sorry if it sounds confusing).I say this because when I slide the sound balance to either side, the opposite side wouldn't emit any sound, but the side I slide it to does, but not in stereo, but more in a mono configuration. I've tested the headphones on other computer and they work perfectly; I tested them on the rear panel and they worked too. They have been working without any flaw up until now, but it looks like it isn't a headphone problem. What could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

luigifan0410

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

And is this fixable? Or is there any way I can see it physically?

Thanks for the response, by the way.