Headset Connected to Xbox and Pc

Carson Walker

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
So, I have my Xbox 360 and my Pc at the same desk and I use the same Turtle Beaches X12 Headset for both the systems. Every time I want to switch platform iu have to unplug them and replug them into the new platform. Is there any way I can rig it so that I can put the headset on and be able to play Xbox, then shut the Xbox off, then play on the pc without having to unplug anything? The headset has an audio cable, a mic cable, and a usb power cable. Could I plug the usb into my power strip in the wall, then use splitters to send the signal from my pc and the xbox into the same headset? I have no idea what im talking about please help me? I do not need to have the audio come out of the pc and xbox at the same time.

Solution
To be honest you don't !

I have 2 headsets myself - 1 is corded and 1 is wireless it works like a charm (Although I have 2 for different reasons, once the wireless set's batteries die I switch :p)

The batteries on a good wireless system usually lasts around 8-10 hours.

Mine are varied between 8-9

There are many great headsets out there (and you might not even need 2 headsets, maybe you just need one headset and 1 headphones (without mic))

Let me know if you might need a few suggestions regarding this as I know a couple of great headsets, just remember one thing with wireless comes weight & increased price. The price is greatly increased over having to deal with cords so make sure you want to invest allot :p

Otherwise just get a...

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Unfortunately no.

The best solution for you would be to get a wireless headset with multiple input cables so that you can rig it to both systems and just select which input to use when that system is on (or even when both systems are on)

But the short answer is no :(

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah no problem man :)

I am not sure possibly the Logitech F540s read up if that fits your needs and PLEASE ask Logitech first.

You need 35mm output jax and then RCA cables. You do not want a usb headset for this.

Might I ask why it's not just easier to get 2 headsets?

Like a Triton for Xbox and whatever for PC (PC have so many good ones I can name a list if you like)

Carson Walker

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Yeah, 2 might be a better way to go. Its just I don't want t o have to deal with the two sets of cords, but it may not be so bad. I think I might go with 2 headsets, I really appreciate your help, thank you!

Christiaan Lourens

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
To be honest you don't !

I have 2 headsets myself - 1 is corded and 1 is wireless it works like a charm (Although I have 2 for different reasons, once the wireless set's batteries die I switch :p)

The batteries on a good wireless system usually lasts around 8-10 hours.

Mine are varied between 8-9

There are many great headsets out there (and you might not even need 2 headsets, maybe you just need one headset and 1 headphones (without mic))

Let me know if you might need a few suggestions regarding this as I know a couple of great headsets, just remember one thing with wireless comes weight & increased price. The price is greatly increased over having to deal with cords so make sure you want to invest allot :p

Otherwise just get a good set I can list a few see below:

Corsair Vengeance
Razer Tiamat 7.1 (NOT the 2.1)
Razer Megalodon
Sennheiser PC 350 or 360
CM Storm Sirus
Logitech G35, G430 (a fresh look)
Logitech G930 ***
Razer Chimaera ***
Razer Kraken Pro (if you like green... I don't really like green)

Astro A40 or A50 (A50 is just a wireless version and the A40 got redone this year so it's still a great product)

Steelseries also make great headsets - Siberia v2 or maybe even the 5H V2, 9H, (Just a side note there are many many colour variants for the V2)

Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Rage (it's on the lower end of the price list here but still a high quality so might be a good option)

Tritton Ax 180, Tritton Primer and the Tritton Warhead 7.1 (probably the best Xbox headset in the world)

Turtle Beach PX51, the Seven (more specifically Ear Force XP Seven), the Z22 or the wireless Z300

Sennheiser U320 (this one is more universal and can work on both pc and console)

MadCatz F.R.E.Q. 7 (I have no experience with the R.A.T. mouse nor do I have experience with the F.R.E.Q. 7, but I think they (Cyborg) have a large following because they produce quality products so don't look it over because it looks different)

TeknMotion Intruder (looks like something from the future)
PDP Afterglow Wireless Headphones (These also look like something from the future so I will put them together)

There is another Turtle beach one something 42 (too lazy to google but check it out too it's more mid range but still I remember seeing a review a while back about it and not bad)

Republic of Gamers Orion Pro
Genius Cavimanus GX (These are the ones I use, they are usb only but digital 7.1 and at the price they are pretty great really I probably only use 10-15% of the volume because they can go loud)

Well Triton and Turtle Beach are the most popular ones for Xbox so you might pick one of them, but who knows.

I have now given you choice now you just have to pick :p
ps I only listed headsets to make it easier for you, if we go into any headphones it really gets to be a LONG LONG LONG ... list. :p

Solution