Headset(maybe soundcard?) for 100-150$

JesseA

Estimable
Jan 4, 2015
I will use the headset mostly for games, I have on board sound card(motherboard is ASUS Z87-A), I have about 100-150$, should I buy a headset and a sound card, or just a headset? (also, gaming = I need surround sound from the headset).

Solution

Sound cards are kind of a gimmick. What soundcards do is they boost the frequency of different sounds and power high impedance headphones. A lot people percieve this boost in frequency as better sound but in reality the sound is the same and you could achieve the same thing with an EQ programs and to be honest if you have a decent computer it probably already does do what a soundcard does, so yeah sound cards are not any money. For more information look up "Teksyndicate Sound Card".

justcallmetom13

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014

Sound cards are kind of a gimmick. What soundcards do is they boost the frequency of different sounds and power high impedance headphones. A lot people percieve this boost in frequency as better sound but in reality the sound is the same and you could achieve the same thing with an EQ programs and to be honest if you have a decent computer it probably already does do what a soundcard does, so yeah sound cards are not any money. For more information look up "Teksyndicate Sound Card".

Solution