Headset microphone screeching when fully plugged in

Diagornus

Prominent
May 11, 2017
So, I bought the Razer Tiamat 2.2 about 3 years ago, and a few months after getting them the microphone started screeching and whistling when plugged in. After playing around with settings and connections, I found that if I unplug the microphone a little bit, then it works perfectly.

Now, I understand that this isn't the most life-changing problem, but it's starting to get on my nerves a little, so I was wondering if there was something I could do to prevent me from having to constantly unplug my mic a little every time I wanted to use it

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

Well repairing headset chord is kinda difficult if it goes beyond your skill level. You can have them repaired spending a few bucks assuming that the headset is pricy and it worths the cost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-lOVcEbCm8

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
It looks like the problem is with your female 3.5 and not with the headset. Have you tried another micorphone to see if it works as it should?

Diagornus

Prominent
May 11, 2017

I plugged in a new Logitech headset microphone and it works without any issue

Tolis_GR

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017

Well repairing headset chord is kinda difficult if it goes beyond your skill level. You can have them repaired spending a few bucks assuming that the headset is pricy and it worths the cost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-lOVcEbCm8

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Audio 2
Alh9991 Audio 0
F Audio 1
pbeans Audio 0
Zyngot Audio 0
swat14888 Audio 2
M_RiGGz Audio 5
G Audio 1
dinkleberg2 Audio 0
S Audio 0