Headset under 100

Oaks88

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
Looking for headset under 100, I want good bass (Hard bass, I want feel my brain vibrating) and good sound quality (I appreciate 7.1 too).
Thinking in:
-HyperX Cloud 2
-Siberia V3
-Gamecom 788 7.1
-Logitech G430

Which is the better option for what I'm looking for?

Solution
i know on release there were issues with the included soundcard although from what i've heard from an owner on here it was since resolved. i've since heard another report about it having issues but not sure to chalk that one up to getting an older unit or what. as far as i know it should be completely resolved now but in a worst case scenario you might need to use a soundcard or onboard. the hxc1 is always an option, you could pair it with a xonar dg/dgx for 5.1/7.1
if you're a basshead seeking insane levels of bass i'm thinking none of them might appeal to you.

a hd280 with the blue tack mod might http://www.head-fi.org/t/223756/hd280-pro-tack-mod or perhaps the hd419 with the bass mod done to it http://www.head-fi.org/t/651036/new-sennheiser-hd-419-mod may be up your alley. you could of course need to use a separate mic.

if you like decent mid bass but can forgive very little sub bass the vmoda pro80 paired with a boompro mic may be worth reading up on as well.

i think the best overall quality set out of the ones you listed would be the hxc2 however its not going to have great deep bass, just adequate levels.

Oaks88

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

I'd like to have all in the same headset because, I don't care that much have a good mic but, I don't want to sound like i'm sick with a 2€ mic, dunno if you know what I mean.

I know if I buy headphone + mic I can have a better sound quality but...
What about HD 439? It looks good. And another question. Can I chose the volume from the headphone like a headset? Or I can't, because I don't like to select the volume from windows every time.

-Sorry for my english btw! :c

hd 439 with bass mod http://www.head-fi.org/t/651378/mod-hd-439-the-budget-bass-king

if you want hard hitting bass for cheap, perhaps worth a look.

no, headphones do not have a volume adjust like headsets do. you could always hotkey volume up or volume down to a keyboard combination you know. autohotkey can do this. or, if you used an external amplifier or soundcard it would add the option.

there are some decent mics external. lavalier microphones can be decent (you may need an adapter cable for them), the modmic is great, some desktop microphones are good as well.

Oaks88

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

If you had to chose one of these 4 headset because of bass and sound quality. Which would you chose? I don't care about materials or nothing, just sound quality :D

as far as overall quality, perhaps the hxc2 as its based on actual headphones (takstar pro80's).
if you want bass, perhaps the g430 or 788 as they might be a bit more substantial.

i would not expect basshead levels of bass though from any of those choices.

Oaks88

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

Any problem with HXC2 7.1? I don't have audio card (only the one what my Gigabyte Z97p motherboard has) I read something about 7.1 issues

Thanks for all your help

i know on release there were issues with the included soundcard although from what i've heard from an owner on here it was since resolved. i've since heard another report about it having issues but not sure to chalk that one up to getting an older unit or what. as far as i know it should be completely resolved now but in a worst case scenario you might need to use a soundcard or onboard. the hxc1 is always an option, you could pair it with a xonar dg/dgx for 5.1/7.1

Solution