hearing aid compatible phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. How would that be possible , as I haven't bought the phone yet. Sorry if I have misled you, what I like to know when looking at the Spec where would I find if they are hearing aid compatible. Thanks

Could be listed in several places, there is no single area for this. US Cellular looks to have a good listing of phone models and HAC ratings and the phone vendors also have listings https://www.motorola.com/us/about/hearing-aid-compatibility-us

https://www.uscellular.com/support/accessibility-hearing-aid

davwill

Great
Aug 5, 2020
Have you seen any articles like this one?

https://www.healthyhearing.com/help/assistive-listening-devices/hearing-aid-compatible-phones

Nearly all modern smartphones are hearing aid compatible. Are you desiring to have your hearing aids interface directly with the phone? Or, do you simply want

Please clarify your need.
(to be able to hear (with your hearing aids) adequately when using the handset?)
My hearing aids are not compatible with all mobile phones, Amplifon who make them put out a list of phone's, that are compatible but I was trying to find out if I could look at other brands to see if they where compatible. You can download the app but t may not work, I don't want to buy phones then send them back, that would not be fair on the seller. I would like to make and receive a clear message

COLGeek

Cybernaut
(to be able to hear (with your hearing aids) adequately when using the handset?)
My hearing aids are not compatible with all mobile phones, Amplifon who make them put out a list of phone's, that are compatible but I was trying to find out if I could look at other brands to see if they where compatible. You can download the app but t may not work, I don't want to buy phones then send them back, that would not be fair on the seller. I would like to make and receive a clear message
So, you want your hearing aids to connect directly to your intended phone, is that correct? Does your particular hearing aid support Bluetooth?

davwill

Great
Aug 5, 2020
Hi I having a lot of trouble trying to get your link to work, but will keep on trying. Thanks
Hi got
So, you want your hearing aids to connect directly to your intended phone, is that correct?
So, you want your hearing aids to connect directly to your intended phone, is that correct?
Yes, I do have a phone clip that helps me control the sound up/down if the app works

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes I believe so.
That is good (and important to know). This is why most smartphones are "compatible" with modern hearing aids. That is the interface used to communicate between the devices. It is a matter of pairing the phone (with its Bluetooth enabled) with the hearing aid (which acts like wireless headphones in a manner of speaking).

I would expect nearly any modern phone from Apple (iPhones) or Samsung to work with your Bluetooth enabled hearing aids.

By the way, your cellular carrier may be able to assist you with this as well.

Reactions: CedricI

davwill

Great
Aug 5, 2020
That is good (and important to know). This is why most smartphones are "compatible" with modern hearing aids. That is the interface used to communicate between the devices. It is a matter of pairing the phone (with its Bluetooth enabled) with the hearing aid (which acts like wireless headphones in a manner of speaking).

I would expect nearly any modern phone from Apple (iPhones) or Samsung to work with your Bluetooth enabled hearing aids.

By the way, your cellular carrier may be able to assist you with this as well.
Apple nearly all iPhone works But some don't, the same with Samsung some don't work, Oppo only one works
Google some work. What I was trying to do is to make sure it works before I buy.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Apple nearly all iPhone works But some don't, the same with Samsung some don't work, Oppo only one works
Google some work. What I was trying to do is to make sure it works before I buy.
You are making my point. A current iPhone or Samsung Galaxy/Note will work. I would also imagine that a Google Pixel 3 (I have the 3 XL) or 4 will also work.

Not trying to downplay your concerns, but there is minimal risk with one of these devices. Good luck.

davwill

Great
Aug 5, 2020
You are making my point. A current iPhone or Samsung Galaxy/Note will work. I would also imagine that a Google Pixel 3 (I have the 3 XL) or 4 will also work.

Not trying to downplay your concerns, but there is minimal risk with one of these devices. Good luck.
Hello. I Sorry but I think we have lost the plot. ( how can I find out if a phone is hearing aid compatible. ) What I was trying to find out was, when reading the spec of a phone where would I find if it was hearing aid compatible. I have look at lot of phones but never found one yet. But you can't make the assumption that because the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge works they all do the Samsung S5 does not work.
I was hoping to see if I could try and find the spec and then be able to try different phones.

Thanks everyone for your input, it give me some food for thought.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If a phone has a Bluetooth adapter and uses current versions of iOS (Apple) or Android, it will very likely work. I don't think you'll find a definitive list as you are describing. Sorry.

If you have specific models of interest, we can evaluate the likelihood of working together well.

davwill

Great
Aug 5, 2020
If a phone has a Bluetooth adapter and uses current versions of iOS (Apple) or Android, it will very likely work. I don't think you'll find a definitive list as you are describing. Sorry.

If you have specific models of interest, we can evaluate the likelihood of working together well.
The list does exist, it can be found on Amplifon website, That why I know most Apple iPhone works, Galaxy s7 edge, s10, some of Google's. and a lot of others that don't. I was l looking to try something new, as there's a lot of new phone's coming out at present and I like to try, Like I just stated before I was only wanted to find out in the spec where it said (hearing aid compatible). Thanks

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The list does exist, it can be found on Amplifon website, That why I know most Apple iPhone works, Galaxy s7 edge, s10, some of Google's. and a lot of others that don't. I was l looking to try something new, as there's a lot of new phone's coming out at present and I like to try, Like I just stated before I was only wanted to find out in the spec where it said (hearing aid compatible). Thanks
That "hearing aid compatible" list is what I am referring to in terms of not likely to be found. Understood on Amplifon's list, but it is certainly not all-inclusive of compatible devices.

I stand by this previous statement..."If a phone has a Bluetooth adapter and uses current versions of iOS (Apple) or Android, it will very likely work. "

Good luck. I have offered all the help I can provide.

davwill

Great
Aug 5, 2020
That "hearing aid compatible" list is what I am referring to in terms of not likely to be found. Understood on Amplifon's list, but it is certainly not all-inclusive of compatible devices.

I stand by this previous statement..."If a phone has a Bluetooth adapter and uses current versions of iOS (Apple) or Android, it will very likely work. "

Good luck. I have offered all the help I can provide.
Just bought Samsung Galaxy S10 LITE not compatible, so i will have to send t back, hope you understand now it's not one fits all,
thanks for your replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS