Hearing breathing/noises through headphones (and crashing)

Feb 12, 2018
I’ve had my computer for about a year now. I use it almost exclusively for gaming and YouTube.

Ever since I got it I’ve experienced about 15 blue-screen crashes, most of which happen while I’m playing a game (I can’t remember the error codes because they happened so long ago). Last October I took a break from my computer and didn’t use it at all until yesterday I decided I was going to start gaming again.

I turned on my wireless headphones and started playing again. I played for about 5 minuets and then my PC crashed. I turned on the Pc again and then I heard fumbling and breathing through my headphones. I turned them on and off about three times and the sound wouldn’t go away I then turned off my PC and I haven’t used it since.

I’ve read that this is either an interference or malware. What do I do?

Solution
Right click the speaker icon in your system tray. Go to 'Recording Devices'. Right-click on your microphone and go to "Properties". Click the 'Listen' tab.
There is a checkbox for "Listen to this device". It needs to be unchecked. If it already is unchecked, check it and hit apply, then uncheck it and apply again.

This happens to me every time I update certain drivers and I can hear myself through my mic.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
If you're getting an error code, then you're getting a memory dump. Turn it on, try to configure it for small memory dump
https://www.xtremerain.com/create-small-memory-dump-read/
and then post the file on dropbox so we can take a look.
Or you can take a look at the already existing dump using bluescreenview and then post a screenshot of the output.

Caleb Hale

Honorable
May 17, 2013
Right click the speaker icon in your system tray. Go to 'Recording Devices'. Right-click on your microphone and go to "Properties". Click the 'Listen' tab.
There is a checkbox for "Listen to this device". It needs to be unchecked. If it already is unchecked, check it and hit apply, then uncheck it and apply again.

This happens to me every time I update certain drivers and I can hear myself through my mic.

Solution