Solved! Hearing direction of sound incorrectly

Sep 30, 2019
beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm Headphones

So I used to use Turtle Beach PX22's for a couple of years, I know they're not all that great, but I got used to them and I could hear where people were coming from no problem. Finally they got so used they pretty much broke so recently I've been looking for a new pair. I've been through 3 different headphones yet they all give me the same problem, I can't hear where people are coming from in games like battlefield 5, csgo, Apex, pubg. When someones in front of me they sound like they're behind me, when someones to the left they sound like they're to the right and vice versa. I'm wondering if I wore the turtlebeachs backwards and now my ears are wired that way. Because these are some pricier headphones I've been trying out, and I just don't believe there's anything wrong with them. And if that is the case, is there a quick way to try to rewire the way I hear in headphones quicker than just playing games until I relearn because it's pretty brutal looking around 360 all the time having no idea where people are.

Thank you for any help.

Solution
As you say all of these different heaphones can't be miswired.
If you want to reverse the left and right channels without modifying the headphone plug then get a headphone extension that allows you to unscrew the cover of the plug so that the plus leads can be soldered in reverse. A music store would be more likely to have one then a best buy.
If the headphones are balanced (have a separate ground for each channel) then it would be possible to reverse the phase of each channel too. Not sure that would help.
If you want to reverse the left and right channels without modifying the headphone plug then get a headphone extension that allows you to unscrew the cover of the plug so that the plus leads can be soldered in reverse. A music store would be more likely to have one then a best buy.
If the headphones are balanced (have a separate ground for each channel) then it would be possible to reverse the phase of each channel too. Not sure that would help.

Solution