[help] Acer Aspire E 15 freezing and restarting randomly after 2 weeks!

salamat_k

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
I recently got an acer aspire E 15 laptop from Best Buy running Win/10 home 64bit.
After about 2 weeks I have encountered 2 major problems.

1. Randomly restarting without any warning
2. Screen going static with blurry lines
3. Display and audio cutting off

I've gotten past all of these by hard rebooting but the problems happen 2-4 times a day and I would like to know if there's anything I can do to fix this.

Solution
If you have bought 2 weeks ago i assume it is still under guarantee, so i wouldn't hesitate returning it... But i'm guessing that your laptop may be overheating, although this would be very weird coming from a brand new laptop :p Try to monitor the temperatures of the laptop by feeling it with your hands and maybe you can have a look at HWiNFO (theres a protable version, no need to install).

tinynja98

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2015
If you have bought 2 weeks ago i assume it is still under guarantee, so i wouldn't hesitate returning it... But i'm guessing that your laptop may be overheating, although this would be very weird coming from a brand new laptop :p Try to monitor the temperatures of the laptop by feeling it with your hands and maybe you can have a look at HWiNFO (theres a protable version, no need to install).

Solution