Help!! Beyerdynamics DT770 pro VS bang and olufson H6

patricky

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015
Hi, I am getting a new headphone and I am really stuck between the beyerdynamics DT770 pros and the Bang and Olufson H6. I did research that dt770 are better than m50x but due to lack of resources on the dt770 idk if it's better than h6. I really want isolation and good sound, bough not an extreme bass or treble lover, I do like clear vocals. Pls help me decided which sounds better and is able to block out more noise. Any other headphones recommendations are welcome, noise cancelling is also preferred if the sound quality is good enough. And dun really like open back cuz it can't really block out any external noise since I live in quite a noisy city

Thanks!

Solution
D
The Bose QC 35s, Sony MDR 1000x or the Sennheiser PCX 550s.

I don't have any first hand experience with any of them so you'd have to check reviews. HeadFi is the place to go.

https://www.head-fi.org/

BringerOfTea

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
I had the DT 770 80ohms and I was more pleased with them than I am with my M50x... the insulation was a bit better and they sounded better... although it is subjective ....

edit :duuh! :D

D

Deleted member 217926

Are you concerned with outside noise or about bothering other people with open backs? You really can't beat the Sennheiser HD 600s for vocals. 650s for a little more bass and soundstage. I have both and for good, clear vocal forward sound the 600s are my favorite. It would be really hard to pick between them but if I could only keep one it would probably be the 600s. Although if you asked me tomorrow it might be the 650s :p

There are no more comfortable headphones on the market to me than the 600s with the 650s a close second. I can wear either for hours. Also if outside sound is the problem just turn up the volume a bit.

You do have a good amp/dac?

patricky

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015

yeah i am concerned about outside noise. to my knowledge, hd650s is open back, i am looking for closed back

D

Deleted member 217926

Most people want closed back because they are concerned with sound leakage, not to keep outside noise out. But if outside noise is that bad then active noise cancelling or even IEMs might be better for you.

HD600 and HD650 (€300-400) are quite way more expensive than DT770 (€150) and BO H6 (€240).

The BO H6 is $250, HD 600s are $287 and the HD 650s are $315 on Amazon. I'd consider those in the same price range. The 600s and 650s have dropped in price in the last year. They used to be $399 and $499 respectively.

patricky

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015

yeah i am interested in ANC, but i cant find one with ANC and good sound quality, any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 217926

The Bose QC 35s, Sony MDR 1000x or the Sennheiser PCX 550s.

I don't have any first hand experience with any of them so you'd have to check reviews. HeadFi is the place to go.

https://www.head-fi.org/

Solution