Help building Sager laptop

May 23, 2018
I'm attempting to build a Sager laptop for gaming and filmmaking purposes. Below are the parts I have selected. I just want to make sure all of these parts will run smoothly together, or if there are any suggestions for improvements. Thank you.

Components
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor ( 9MB Smart Cache, 2.20GHz )
- 17.3" Full HD 144Hz, Wide View Angle 72% NTSC Matte Display with G-SYNC Technology (1920 x 1080)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU with 8GB GDDR5 Video Memory
- Stock Standard Thermal Compound
- Windows® 10 Home 64-Bit Edition Preinstalled
- 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 SDRAM at 2400MHz - 2 X 16GB [+$199.00]
- 500GB WD Blue M.2 SSD [+$95.00]
- No PCIe
- 1TB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA3 Solid State Disk Drive [+$315.00]
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 M.2 AC Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Module

Accessories
- Asus USB External Slim 8X DVD±R/ 6X ±RW/ 6X±DL Super-Multi Drive & Software [+$45.00]

Solution
When you say "build" are you going to buy parts and put it together or just selection options for them to build it?

The specs are good for a gaming setup. I would not spend that much on an extra 1TB SSD unless you are planning on installing a lot of games on the thing at one time. For backups, an external sub $100 standard drive or internal drive would be better.
When you say "build" are you going to buy parts and put it together or just selection options for them to build it?

The specs are good for a gaming setup. I would not spend that much on an extra 1TB SSD unless you are planning on installing a lot of games on the thing at one time. For backups, an external sub $100 standard drive or internal drive would be better.

Solution
May 23, 2018

I'm just selecting the options they provide on the website for them to build it. What is the purpose of SATA and PCIe? Is one better than the other?