Solved! Help choose laptop for a tech challenged persond

Feb 8, 2020
I'm not tech savvy, so need good advice. No gaming or Video or Photo editing laptop needed. Use for email, texting, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TV shows, streaming movies. I have a ton of family pictures on my Samsung S9 that I'd like stored on a laptop, be able to hook it to my TV. Easy to setup and use. Good battery life. Camera for visiting with family family and friends. Good speakers and picture quality. Good keyboard and mouse(pad at bottom of laptop) numbers on side Quality construction. Not easily damaged. 13 or 14 in screen. $1000 and under How much memory and speed would I need? Will last as long as possible since I'm on a fixed income. Thank you!!

Solution
Get a used Lenovo T450, 460 or 470 model for about $300-500 , all you need. Those thing will last for years. Just make sure it has a solid state drive in it. The newer you buy the better the battery will be. Craigslist will be a good spot to get one, you can check it out in person to make sure it runs. No need to spend near 1,000 for what you will be using it.

In fact if you can find a T430 or 430s model with a decent battery and solid state drive you can use one of those just fine, and will be about $200 for a good clean model.
Get a used Lenovo T450, 460 or 470 model for about $300-500 , all you need. Those thing will last for years. Just make sure it has a solid state drive in it. The newer you buy the better the battery will be. Craigslist will be a good spot to get one, you can check it out in person to make sure it runs. No need to spend near 1,000 for what you will be using it.

In fact if you can find a T430 or 430s model with a decent battery and solid state drive you can use one of those just fine, and will be about $200 for a good clean model.

Solution
Feb 8, 2020

Thank you for your advice.

RolandJS

Estimable
Mar 10, 2017
And, after finding one or two backup/restore programs, begin and maintain a simple routine of making weekly or bi-monthly backups onto external media. For example, I use Macrium Reflect and Image for Windows for my backups and restores. There are many very good free and fee backup/restore programs out on The 'Net.