Help coca cola spilled on my laptop

MissLindsayRae

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
the keys are really sticky but luckily they still work! is there any way to fix this?

i know getting a new keyboard would but i'm a student on a budget!

please any thoughts on this would be great

Solution
Either research online or if the laptop came with a comprehensive maintenance manual, reference how to remove the keyboard. If the keyboard has no other integrated parts attached to it at that point, clean the keyboard with warm water and soap. Leave the keyboard sideways to drip/air dry until shaking the unit no longer reveals any water droplets etc. Blowing the keyboard out with compressed air is even better at this point for a last measure.

If your campus has an IT department possibly ask the people there if they could help you with it or what it might cost to have them clean it if you are uncomfortable doing the work yourself.

There aren't really any safe solutions to clean the keyboard while it is on your computer past...

dwatterworth

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Either research online or if the laptop came with a comprehensive maintenance manual, reference how to remove the keyboard. If the keyboard has no other integrated parts attached to it at that point, clean the keyboard with warm water and soap. Leave the keyboard sideways to drip/air dry until shaking the unit no longer reveals any water droplets etc. Blowing the keyboard out with compressed air is even better at this point for a last measure.

If your campus has an IT department possibly ask the people there if they could help you with it or what it might cost to have them clean it if you are uncomfortable doing the work yourself.

There aren't really any safe solutions to clean the keyboard while it is on your computer past removing all the keys so you can safely clean underneath them with rubbing alcohol.

No matter what you do, remember to remove the battery and then press the power button to remove any residual power before performing any work.

Solution

cemerian

Honorable
Jul 29, 2013
you can clean it with alcohol if i recall(but chek before doing this and no vodka it has to be 98% or something) since that was how i used to clean my phones from water back in the day