Solved! Help - DELL XPS 13 9343 rejecting replacement screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pajamarine

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hey guys, a while back I cracked the glass and damaged the LCD panel on my dell xps 13 2015, and ordered a replacement screen (entire upper lid assembly). I originally ordered the wrong model and my laptop rejected it (wouldn't boot, kept beeping 8 times which is code for LCD failure).

Well, I sent that back and got the right model, but the laptop is still having the same issue. With the old broken screen it boots normally, but with the replacement one it never gets past the dell logo, only beeps really loudly 8 times then shuts off. The screen itself is new and undamaged, and I am absolutely certain I connected all the cables properly and that it is the right model.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I might be able to get the laptop to recognize the screen and boot? I'd like to avoid formatting it but am open to it as a last resort.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if I take the new screen out and place the old one back in the laptop boots, so it doesn't look like I damaged any part of the laptop or the connectors during the screen replacement.

EDIT 2: Exact model of screen is HP2YT and exact model of laptop is XPS 13 9343

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Even though they look the same the Chips on the monitors may not be the same. Also make sure that if you already have touch screen that you get it. if you don't have it then get the one without.

Status
Not open for further replies.