HELP! For Newbie is Better To Learn Electron or Native

Ruben005

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
I want build desktop applications for both Mac and Windows. So I was just about to learn Swift then C# but then i found out about Electron. So it better to learn electron or go native?

I think electron is easier but im worried the desktop software wont be a good standard. I would learn native but i think it will be twice the work and time. I want dive in give it everything i have to learn but im frustrated because im not sure which direction to take!

Theres not too much information on out there on electron so please help.

Thanks,
Ruben

Solution
Start with Swift and then C#.

Why? Because they are widely used and there are many resources, examples, tutorials, and so fotrh to help you learn if you do run into some problem or question.

Being a"standard" is an important consideration. Look at employment ads for developers: see what skills, skill levels, and experience is being sought by employers.

And developing applications is as much art as science. Design and logic are important. Visually appealing, friendly User Interface, etc. That must be learned as well.

My recommendation: stay conventional, learn as much as you can. Good chance that if you do need to use Electron at some time in the future - you will probably be able to learn the fundamentals fairly quickly.
Start with Swift and then C#.

Why? Because they are widely used and there are many resources, examples, tutorials, and so fotrh to help you learn if you do run into some problem or question.

Being a"standard" is an important consideration. Look at employment ads for developers: see what skills, skill levels, and experience is being sought by employers.

And developing applications is as much art as science. Design and logic are important. Visually appealing, friendly User Interface, etc. That must be learned as well.

My recommendation: stay conventional, learn as much as you can. Good chance that if you do need to use Electron at some time in the future - you will probably be able to learn the fundamentals fairly quickly.

Solution