Help Hp Omen 15-ce004la Battery

nympen

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Hello yesterday I got a Hp by Omen, the model is 15-ce004la, it's the first time I have a notebook so there are many things that I do not know, my biggest doubt is if I could use this notebook without a battery, for example removing it from inside and simply connecting it to the power cord, I asked in the place where I bought it, and in different places but nobody assured me anything, so I bought it ... even though I did not take the power cord in case I had return it.

I can buy another battery but where I live are quite expensive, and my idea basically is when I finish the one that brings the notebook (After the warranty runs out), remove it and use only the cable for the daily use of my notebook, and while saving to buy another battery.

HP Omen model specifications:

15-ce004la

Processor: Intel core i7 7700HQ 2.8 GHz
Graphics: GTX 1060
DDR4 SDRAM of 8192 MB
15.6 FHD IPS display
1TB hard drive
Windows 10 64

Please help me if someone owns the same notebook or knows about it, sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The battery looks like it's designed to be easily removable. Another reason to remove the battery is that heat tends to kill the battery too, which can be a real problem on gaming laptops.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04506712

A reason not to remove the battery is that a lot of high-end gaming laptops actually use more power than the AC adapter can provide. They draw the extra power from the battery. In other words, when gaming with the laptop plugged into AC power, your battery will slowly drain. I don't think your laptop is one of these - the i7-7700HQ is a 45 Watt part, the 1060 a bit less than 100 Watts. Your AC adapter is probably rated for 160 or 180 Watts, so should be able to power the laptop in full. But...
The battery is removable, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work plugged in, without the battery installed - typical operation for a laptop.

The argument that plugged in (with the battery installed) depletes the batteries lifespan isn't as solid as it once was, but there can still be an impact to the battery lifespan.

The battery looks like it's designed to be easily removable. Another reason to remove the battery is that heat tends to kill the battery too, which can be a real problem on gaming laptops.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04506712

A reason not to remove the battery is that a lot of high-end gaming laptops actually use more power than the AC adapter can provide. They draw the extra power from the battery. In other words, when gaming with the laptop plugged into AC power, your battery will slowly drain. I don't think your laptop is one of these - the i7-7700HQ is a 45 Watt part, the 1060 a bit less than 100 Watts. Your AC adapter is probably rated for 160 or 180 Watts, so should be able to power the laptop in full. But just be aware that it's possible performance could be reduced without the battery installed.

Solution