Help in upgrading BIOS Toshiba Satellite L745

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2018
I have the old Toshiba Satellite L745, with Sandy Bridge CPU. I want to update my BIOS since the newer version according to the site bring out cooling improvement.

here comes the problem
My model number is PSK10L - xxxx,
yet the available model number are : PSK0YC - xxx,, S24110 , etc.
None of the available models share the same model number as mine.
Any help?

Solution
If the numbers don't match on the support site, you shouldn't perform a BIOS update. As of now, the laptop is functioning and working according to your needs, post a bad BIOS update, you will end up with a bricked unit that is only an expensive paper weight. If anything I think you should perform a maintenance on the unit since dust/debris and lint can clog up the cooling assembly.

Lutfij

Splendid
If the numbers don't match on the support site, you shouldn't perform a BIOS update. As of now, the laptop is functioning and working according to your needs, post a bad BIOS update, you will end up with a bricked unit that is only an expensive paper weight. If anything I think you should perform a maintenance on the unit since dust/debris and lint can clog up the cooling assembly.

Solution
Mar 28, 2018

Well, now i am having charging issues. If I try to charge the laptop when it is turned on, then it won't charge. The power and battery lights will blink together, in orange. If I charged it when it is turned off, then everything's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.