Question Help! Lenovo laptop charger pin overheating

Oct 18, 2021
My lenovo legion Y540 (i5 9300h, gtx 1650) charger pin is overheating. Yesterday I played like three hours without any problem, but today the charger isn't working well. The laptop only charges when the pin is plugged on an specific angle, and the charger pin gets way too much hot in one or two minutes, and when the laptop is off the pin also gets hot but not that much. I bought this laptop two years ago and it's out of warranty. Can anyone help me?

AlHuneke

Commendable
Jul 7, 2020
You have a bad connection. It could be the plug on the charger or could be the jack in the PC. I would first try a different charger. If you can borrow one, that would be great. Otherwise they are not terribly expensive. Much better to get a real Lenovo charger and not a "universal" charger. If that doesn't fix it, likely the jack inside the laptop is bad. This can difficult to change. You can try a local repair shop or contact Lenovo and see what they would charge.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F1yingSquid Laptop Tech Support 1
Mdot Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 7
W Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 2