Jul 25, 2013
So, I already have the gaming rig of my dreams:

Windows 7 (x64) Ultimate
Asus P6X58D-E
12GB Ram
intel i7 930 w/Corsair H60
PNY GTX 780ti
Silencer MK 3 750W

Okay, okay, I still want for an SSD, that's next summer's job. However, my parents won't let me take it to college :'( so they're getting me a laptop. Personally, I think tablets and desktops are the future, but hey, I'll go out if you're buying!

With regards to said laptop, I don't need anything that can game. It'd be nice to play Minecraft in class, but unnecessary. I just need to take notes and surf the web. So I only NEED an i3 (ew) or a dual core (even more ew), and some storage space for music and tv. Touch screens are cool, but not necessary in a laptop.

HOWEVER, I am a very aesthetic person. If I could afford to do so, I would buy a Mac book air, wipe it, and install windows 7. I love the solid aluminum feel that comes with their hardware. They're only looking to spend around $500-600, so what do you think I can do?

Thanks for reading my little ramble here:) you're help is much appreciated!

Solution
Asus makes good laptops, they look nice and perform well. All you need to do is to look at which model as all of them should do what you want as long as you stick with intel processors.