Solved! Help me buy a laptop

bryson04

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Congrats to me. I graduated high school. Alright so what now. Time for spending a ridiculous amount of money on books... and heck yes! A new computer.
So I need a pc that I can put in my bag (prefer something less than 15.6inch), I prefer 4K display, gtx 970 or more, SSD 256gb+ 1tb HDD, 8GB or more of ddr4, and i7 processor. I prefer new. But pre owner that was barely used or manufacture refurbished is good too. If you can match an actual computer to my desired specs. That would be wonderful. Thanks for your help!

Update: let's make it 1500 or less please

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Do not get a 4k display on a laptop. It's a big waste as on any 15.6 or even 17.3 inch laptop text will be to small to read and windows scaling isn't that great as it doesn't work in all programs. Also a gtx 970 doesn't exist in laptop form only a 970m which is a lot weaker your best bet would be a laptop with a 1050ti or up I'll link you a list where you can decide for yourself which laptop would be your preferred one. You could also look into clevo/sager laptops that allow you to customize what is in the laptop to your liking.

http://www.ultrabookreview.com/11702-laptops-nvidia-1060/

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bryson04 : "Buying Time- Laptop"

bryson04

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bryson04 : "Buying a Laptop for college"

I want a new laptop for school, this is what I want.

• 15.6 inches or less
    7th Gen i7
    8GB or more of DDR4
    GTX 1050 or better
    SSD+HDD combo
    Battery life to be good
    1500$ or less
My major is information technology, so that is why I am interested in a GREAT PC

bryson04

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

Add a delete thread feature and I will. My wording was bad in my first thread. If I could have deleted it and re worded it I would not have two separate threads. Now if you would have accompanied your statement with "please" or "if you don't mind" I would not be offended. Your respect is required.