Help me choose a 4ktv for movies and gaming

johnyj7657

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
So I am driving myself nuts trying to pick a tv.
I'm going for a 65" as 75" cost to much and I have a 55" 1080 and what's the fun of a new tv if it's not bigger than the old one.

Plan on Netflix in 4k and whatever else I can find plus connecting pc for hopefully 4k gaming.

Budgets 1300 1400 ish

I just don't know what to get. All the ones listed as the best like the LG c7 is It? Are like $2600+

Looking at Samsung mu8000 but people say Sony 900 is better but also more cash. Read about some lugs having lowest input lag but reviews say picture sucks.
Read about the vizio p series but aren't vizio the cheap Walmart tv's.
And nobody seems to be carrying them

Then there's the fact I don't want to have it shipped since they are so big it requires truck company and that means wasting a vacation day sitting around hoping they show up.

Can anyone give me advice on the good ones. I'll make the rounds try to look at them In a store if possible. But seems like Samsung or Sony at my pricepoint

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
OK, I actually know something about TVs. Updating post...

OK, the LG or Sony OLED TVs are too expensive for you. Since your budget is around $1400, I would go with either a Vizio or Sony. Vizio is NOT a Walmart brand. Walmart brands are like RCA, Westinghouse, etc.

I would go with the Sony then the Vizio.
Sony X900E/XE90
Vizio P65-E1 or M70-E3

Depending on the deals you can get. You can get Sony and Vizio TVs from Best Buy, Costco, Target, BJs, etc.

Don't buy a Samsung TV from 2017. They have not been very good and they are expensive.

johnyj7657

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Nobody has vizio m or p series in stock can only find at couple places like Costco to ship
I am unwilling to deal with freight shippers again

Best buy has the Sony to look at. Doesn't seem like a lot of choices for de ent tv

jacobbones

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Im in the same boat as you looks like. Im trying to find a good 4k tv.

Anybody know if the Vizio m65-eo is good? Its $700 less than the sony and $300 less than Samsung and I cant find the p series anywhere either