Help me choose very cheap but good gaming laptop

madmen

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Let me explain myself.
In 2010, i spent 900$ for a laptop and purhcased one with intel gma as graphics and then regretted it as of this day. It had good processor and ram but it couldn't handle basically any game.
Now, i am looking for a laptop(not alienware, razer, origin) which is cheap and i can get best graphic card with it and not something like gt 640 or so....
I am ok with any quad core processor unless it really affects my experience, 4gb ram but i need to have gtx 650+ laptop graphic equivalent.
All the expensive laptops i am finding are with good processors and high ram but bad graphics and i don't want to repeat my mistake all over again.

I wanted to purchase or make my own rig but it would have just taken stuff in the college.

Solution

A good GPU can't do much if CPU is weak.There must be a combination of all to make gaming experience good in a PC.I recommend you not to buy from the official manufactures websites where things are highly overpriced but to take a look at your local shop or take a look at your country's best e-shops.

0001ark

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
The mistake you made buying that laptop back in 2010 was that the GPU was not dedicated and was intergrated.That means your graphics chip must handle every graphical aspect of your OS meaning that almost half of GPU's ability is taken from the OS only and there is none for game when you start one.There is some ways improving gaming performance in intergrated GPU's but not much.

Gaming and notebooks are not 'good friends'.You must always have in mind that a notebooks gaming performance is half from a desktop's with the exact similar hardware.I could recommend you find a notebook with i3 cpu or i5(don't bother with i7-same as i5),4-6 Gb RAM and a good AMD -->dedicated<-- GPU 1GB memory(even if you find a notebook with 1GB GPU memory and it's not dedicated don't buy it).I think you can find many with max price around 700$.

madmen

Honorable
May 9, 2013

can you give me where to search for it? i searched asus rog and they are too expensive and i can't really get the specs i want

madmen

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Bump because i couldn't find any laptop with specs i wanted. I saw alot of laptops with good processors, ram but only thing i am interested in is the laptop with best graphics and not that good ram, processor. Please help me since you guys have experience which i don't.

0001ark

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

A good GPU can't do much if CPU is weak.There must be a combination of all to make gaming experience good in a PC.I recommend you not to buy from the official manufactures websites where things are highly overpriced but to take a look at your local shop or take a look at your country's best e-shops.

Solution