Help me decide! i3-4030U with SSD or i3-5015U with SATA.

love2cruise

Commendable
May 6, 2016
I like the SSD choice in the i3-4030, but will the performance of the 5015 be better? It looks like there's a large difference in the graphics memory. 4030 has 2GB max and the 5015 has 16GB max. Other specs besides the processor are same or similar (both have 6GB ram, 500GB). I know the SSD advantages, but I want overall snappy performance. I do not game. I often have many windows open on Internet Explorer at one time (not unusual for 10+ at a time). I do video webinars often with one way streaming on Go to Meeting. This is for a home based business, and won't be transporting it a lot, but I have 2 kids and that's why I like the SSD durability. I was about to pull the trigger on the SSD one, but am having second thoughts. Will the SSD speed make up for the 4th generation processor? If I have to sacrifice performance, I'll get the SATA instead. BTW, I do not want to swap parts out, whatever I buy, that's it. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Of course it was too good to be true. It's a 500GB SSD hybrid drive with 8GB flash. Now it doesn't sound quite as nice. I needed to order today, but I may wait for more opinions. I'm wondering if the hybrid will still give the same performance boost.

hellsking

Commendable
May 6, 2016
My personal opinion on this is, I think the boost you'll get from the SSD is more then you'll get by the 5015U in combination with the SATA-HDD.

love2cruise

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Thanks for the opinion. Unfortunately, it was an SSD Hybrid Drive. No wonder it was the same price. Do you still feel the same way?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop General Discussion 1
Themothsloth Laptop General Discussion 4
Sadelephant Laptop General Discussion 1
aquaa Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 0
G Laptop General Discussion 0
Truth21 Laptop General Discussion 0
M Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 3
princevegeta Laptop General Discussion 0
fistinair Laptop General Discussion 0