Help me decide! i3-4030U with SSD or i3-5015U with SATA.

love2cruise

Commendable
May 6, 2016
I like the SSD choice in the i3-4030, but will the performance of the 5015 be better? It looks like there's a large difference in the graphics memory. 4030 has 2GB max and the 5015 has 16GB max. Other specs besides the processor are same or similar (both have 6GB ram, 500GB). I know the SSD advantages, but I want overall snappy performance. I do not game. I often have many windows open on Internet Explorer at one time (not unusual for 10+ at a time). I do video webinars often with one way streaming on Go to Meeting. This is for a home based business, and won't be transporting it a lot, but I have 2 kids and that's why I like the SSD durability. I was about to pull the trigger on the SSD one, but am having second thoughts. Will the SSD speed make up for the 4th generation processor? If I have to sacrifice performance, I'll get the SATA instead. BTW, I do not want to swap parts out, whatever I buy, that's it. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Of course it was too good to be true. It's a 500GB SSD hybrid drive with 8GB flash. Now it doesn't sound quite as nice. I needed to order today, but I may wait for more opinions. I'm wondering if the hybrid will still give the same performance boost.

hellsking

Commendable
May 6, 2016
My personal opinion on this is, I think the boost you'll get from the SSD is more then you'll get by the 5015U in combination with the SATA-HDD.

love2cruise

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Thanks for the opinion. Unfortunately, it was an SSD Hybrid Drive. No wonder it was the same price. Do you still feel the same way?