Help me find the ideal laptop!

NeedHelpThkU

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
1. What is your budget? Between 300$-600$ CAD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Lightest possible, flatest possible, screen doesn't matter if it is not draining my battery life

3. What screen resolution do you want? HD at least

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Replace my old PC

5. How much battery life do you need? Need to get though my day (everage of 6-9 hours of class per day)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No gaming

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Littlebit of video editing if possible with shotcut and photo editing with gimp

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Need less than 500GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.Bestbuy.ca
http://www.thesource.ca/
or any other web site

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4-6 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
ASUS for their guarentee, i'm open to other brand

13. What country do you live in? Canada

**Note : I want this laptop for my accounting studies, so i'll run accounting programs and use all the office suite.
I would like to get win10 if possible.
*Num. Pad on the right is a must

Solution

Well it's a 14 inch laptop most of 14 inch laptops do not have a num...

Oliver_21

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Basically for accounting you don't need any sort of special laptop. Any dual core device can handle those tasks except for video and photo editing

In that case don't expect your laptop to last over 2 hours while performing those tasks

Furthermore, you can't ask that much performance for only $600 CAD but i found this:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/Z7Wrxr/lenovo-laptop-20dc003mus

It's got a core i3 and 4GB of RAM on top of that It has a 14 inch screen so it should be aceptable for your needs

NeedHelpThkU

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016

Thank you for submitting an answer !
This laptop looks fine but it doesn't have num pad on the right, my fault, I've should add this to the original post.

Oliver_21

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

Well it's a 14 inch laptop most of 14 inch laptops do not have a num pad you would net to get a 15.6 inch one which is bigger of course

Solution