Help me pick a laptop

asharpdesigner

Estimable
May 1, 2014
The last laptop I bought was a nightmare. I bought this Acer Aspire Ethos AS8943G four years ago and have had tons of problems with overheating. I have tried taking it apart to clean it but it seems like it's not meant to be taken apart by a customer because I think the entire keyboard needs to be removed to clean the fan.

I'd like to get a new laptop in the price range of $800-1200. Here are the things that I would want to be able to do with it:

- Use photoshop with big ui files (~100mb) and batch processing
- Watch 1080p movies either streamed or downloaded
- Play Europa Universalis IV occasionally. (For some reason this game seems very intensive to run.)

For web design, i'd like to have a screen size no smaller than 17". It would be nice to have a good screen quality that had a good viewing angle.

Weight and battery life don't matter that much because I would just be using it at home and plugged in.

(I have looked at the Asus Rog G751 and it looks great except the shift key is half a normal shift key's size and that seems terrible as then the z key is in a different place and everything is moved out of place.)

TRENDING THREADS