Solved! [HELP!] Multi-channel audio with PC and games

Dec 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have an HTPC connected via HDMI to a TV (RTX 2070 and LG 65B8PLA). The motherboard has no optical output so my home theatre reciever is cabled to the optical TV output.
The problem is that with games the audio arrives to the av receiver only in stereo.
When a play a video file by MediaPortal or Kodi, no problem at all: the AV receiver switches correctly in DD 5.1 or DTS mode.
With the games, however, there is no verse, only stereo sound.
Needless to say, I tried all but I couldn't fix the problem.

Solution
Your HTPC is running Windows yes? then you should have configure it default audio output device the RTX, and sometimes the App (game) doesn't use Windows default and wants to access the audio device directly so in the game audio configuration panel, again, you have to pick the RTX output.

I don't game, but if games are like movies, they come with multiple audio tracks and sometimes don't necessarily default to surround, sometimes I have to manually change it.
Your HTPC is running Windows yes? then you should have configure it default audio output device the RTX, and sometimes the App (game) doesn't use Windows default and wants to access the audio device directly so in the game audio configuration panel, again, you have to pick the RTX output.

I don't game, but if games are like movies, they come with multiple audio tracks and sometimes don't necessarily default to surround, sometimes I have to manually change it.

Solution