Help my acer computer only goes to a blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattiefour

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hello,
I think my Acer computer crashed. I can turn it on and i have a few options like safe mode and last known configuration but anything i try just ends up with a blue screen thay says Aspire series..i have no start button. nothing. what do i do?

Solution
It sounds like your Hard Drive is failing/has failed. It is also possible that something has corrupted the data on your hard drive. First thing I would check is the S.M.A.R.T. status of the Hard Drive.

If you can plug the Hard Drive into another computer, you can download a HDD utility from the Hard Drive Manufacturer and determine if it is failing/or has failed. By hooking it up to another machine, assuming it recognizes, you will be able to retrieve important files off of it as well.

ratedk

Distinguished
It sounds like your Hard Drive is failing/has failed. It is also possible that something has corrupted the data on your hard drive. First thing I would check is the S.M.A.R.T. status of the Hard Drive.

If you can plug the Hard Drive into another computer, you can download a HDD utility from the Hard Drive Manufacturer and determine if it is failing/or has failed. By hooking it up to another machine, assuming it recognizes, you will be able to retrieve important files off of it as well.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.