Help! My tablet won't turn on! what do I do?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

irina12

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hello! I was charging my tablet overnight because it was dead and when I woke up in the morning I took it off the charger because it was up to 80%. I was using it until it just blacked out and I couldn't get it to turn on. I tried EVERYTHING! Please help! If my mum knows, she will get mad!

blademaster123

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
[SOLVED] My tablet won't charge.

We often get questions such as " My tablet has stopped charging & I have ruled out the problem being either the charger or the cable. What do I do?". If this happens to you, then...

Possibly your battery has been allowed to become flattened to the point where it cannot accept a charge from the wall charger. the best thing to do is to try and trickle charge your tablet from a low voltage/amperage connection. Either a powered on PC USB port to the charging connector on your tablet, or from a low power phone charger (5v/500ma). It has been pretty well documented that lithium batteries do not like to be drained fully & it may be that the battery in your tablet has drained so low that it cannot accept a charge from the Asus a/c charger.

Try a trickle charge for 8-10 hours (or longer) on your tablet & see if that gets enough charge into your battery to enable it to recognise & accept a charge from the a/c charger.

The only other suggestion, other than contacting Asus to arrange for a hardware repair, is to face opening up your device (if it is out of warranty) & checking the cables are connected correctly & possibly replacing the battery.
From the [FAQ] The definitive thread to battery related matters on the Asus range of tablets

Majesty504

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hi, I've read your solution to the cause of my tablet because actually the charge was very low on it, but I plugged it in about 10 mintues later. So what if I just let it sit on its regular charger for about a day? Will that work instead of getting a trickle charger ?

blademaster123

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
You don't need a trickle charger, you just need a source of low power charging Either a powered on PC USB port to the charging connector on your tablet, or from a low power phone charger (5v/500ma)
If that doesn't work then idk

Bugz2008

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
My daughter's Asus memopad 7 was doing the exact same thing, wouldn't charge, wouldn't turn on...seemed dead. My wife was convinced we were going to have to make a purchase of a new tablet.... so since it seemed like a total loss, I decided to pop it open (which was fairly east once you get the first couple snaps to pop then work your way around) I unplugged the battery...which took me a few minute to figure out actually...because I was pulling down on the plug...and it pops up instead of down. I tinkered around with the foil that is attached to the back plate of the tablet....one of the "tabs" was crinkled down up near where the camera lens hole is...not sure if it is actually supposed to be making contact with anything... but looking at the board it seems several small pins are transferring energy through that foil... likely a chassis ground of some sort. I also noticed... the three contacts on the board where the Power button, volume up, and volume down buttons land on the board...had little black squares covering the top of the contact...there is sort of a small nipple on top of the contact...only the square on the power button contact had slid down so that the button wouldn't be hitting that little square. I am not sure what the little squares are....perhaps shims? Maybe the case was designed badly and the power button won't push the contact down without the shim? Who knows..I peeled it, and placed it back on top of the contact like the other two were. After fiddling around a bit....I plugged the battery back in...snapped the rear cover back on, pressed the power button and a red battery light flashed.... I plugged it in and it indicated that it was charging. After about half an hour, I went in and pushed the power button...the tablet booted right up. Now...what actually fixed it? I don't know.... my guess however, is that leaving the battery unplugged while I was messing around with other stuff, allowed to board to completely discharge and reset it. So that is what I would try first....pop the back off, unplug the battery and let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes...plug it back in, pop the back of the tablet on and plug the charger in. I have fixed many a laptop by simply popping the battery out...then pushing the power button and holding it for a few seconds... and I was pushing the power button tab on the board while I was messing with the little black square and had the battery unplugged. Hope this helps...and good luck!!

buzzerco

Estimable
Mar 2, 2014
bugz2008 your Idea worked on mine too I have the same Asus Memopad 7 tablet the only thing I added was a small peace of packing tape to hold all three pads in place. THANK YOU!

BUZZERCO

AsusTT

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
I am trying to disconnect the battery on my memopad HD7 ME173X, but I am not sure how the battery disconnects, can you provide a bit more details, in one of the threads the surfer says it pulls upwards to disconnect but I find that I am having to place too much force on the connector to disconnect.

So I sat looking at the power connector in the HD7 for an hour and finally worked up the courage to disconnect the connector by raising it UPWARD after reviewing the solutions posted here, I then left it disconnected for 25 mins, then reconnected it, and before snapping on the back casing I plugged it to a USB port on my laptop, finally I started seeing some life from the battery indicator. It flickered the red battery indicator every few seconds. After 10 mins I connected to AC current. After another 10 mins I attempted to it turn, it came on, battery meter was at 1%. I turned it off now and I am letting it charge from the AC current for now, until fully charged again.

Techno Newbie

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014

My Samsung Galaxy 3 (7.0) ran out of battery completely - I followed this guy's advice, after trying EVERYTHING I could find on the web (bar taking the back off), by plugging it into my laptop and leaving it for a while. It's charging up very very slowly, but it seems to be working - the science behind this suggestion also makes sense, more so than the pressing-random-buttons solution I've read about.

PB1998

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014

ya..... i tried but this thing just doesn't seem to work!!!!! it just doesn't want to! only the light would turn on, the logo will show and that's it.... it doesn't work after that.....

Adeen atif

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
I also have asus memo pad 7 which I got as gift by having 98 percentage in exam . My tablet is my heart it was the only wish which I wished for.One day I was updating it but I shut it down while it was updating.And now it turns on but it stucks when asus (in search of incredible) is veiwed on the screen

dclarkenz

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
Bugz2008 has the answer! DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FOR 10-15 minutes. I had all the problems listed in this article - dead as a dodo. Tried all the suggestions on all the other articles. Then removed the cover, removed the battery connection (Yes it is removed UPWARDS) and waited 10-15 mins. Then reconnected and tested on PC USB where battery indicator flicked onto screen in red briefly. Then plugged to standard charger where it did the same. After another 10 mins or so the tablet switched on and showed 1%!

Well done Bugz2008 for your clear explanation of your efforts. It made diagnostic much easier.

Caleb Gregory

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
This solution also worked for me. I replaced the little pad, unplugged the battery, plugged it back in and put it on the charger.

Oct 23, 2014
Try changing the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.