HELP!!! Need a good stereo headset and som surround help.

Godeske

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Hello, i stand in a situation, where i need a stereo headset/headphone in the range of 50-150 dollars. It can be with or without microphone, but is has to be a good mic, if there is one. If there is not one, then please link to a good "stick on mic".
It has to be a good headset/headphone, the sound should be good quality.

Also some help to surround. I have heard, that you can get a sound card, that can make the stereo sound into viatual surround 7.1.
I know, there is also other ways to "convert" it, but this is the the one i have a little clue on.
So my question to you guys is: Is there a GOOD but not too pricey sound card, that delivers that 7.1 sound from a stereo headset. You may, if you want, make a link to it also :) And is there any other way to do it?

Vexillarius

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
I have a Qpad QH-85 myself, which is a rebranded, open, HyperX Cloud. I use an Asus Xonar DGX with it. It was ~$30 and it includes an amp and Dolby Headphone Virtual Surround, which is 7.1. It's a bit better than an onboard ALC1150 chip, but not by much.

I haven't tried the virtual 7.1 with games yet, but with movies and music it sounds horrible.