Help Needed. Autodesk Inventor 2015 and other Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
I downloaded Inventor Professional 2015, but I'm coming across an error I've had with programs in the past when I try to open it.

When I try to open the program two windows appear:

bF8nxir.png

Opening them/saving them leads me to a blank internet explorer page. When I click cancel I see an empty white box:

BhOCAEe.png

Same thing happens when I try to open Skype:

4au331r.png

I've searched endlessly on Google to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated!

edit: Also using Windows 7 hp 64 bit.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013

No, the full version. I downloaded it from their site. It's not pirated in case that's what your thinking.
I have a student account with them, but the problem is I can't even get to the activation screen.

I had it up and running in the past, and I'm re installing it now after I went back from windows 8.1 to 7. I'm hoping I won't have to to a clean install.

It's not just Inventor, I have the exact same problem with Skype.

Lutfij

Splendid
Do you yet have Internet Explorer? I went through the same issue when I prematurely(after windows install) got rid of my IE after I installed Chrome. The issue was later avoided by removing IE from the taskbar and not downloading updates via Windows Updates while I left IE installed but was left unused.

Go back into control panel>uninstall a programme>turn windows features on or off and recheck the IE box. You can choose to have Chrome as the default browser but will not cause the two windows to come up like you do.

You should also get rid of all those desktop icons - it will help with your boot up times to desktop view and help with reducing system resource usage.

Hope that helps
:)

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
I tried that, but now internet explorer isn't working either... same two windows pop up.

I think I know the problem now. I tried to open internet explorer and after I clicked cancel for the two windows, the browser isn't working.

It's probably corrupted so I'm going to go ahead and update it to whatever the latest version is in windows update. Does that sound good, or should I download the latest version from the internet?

*I was going to clear my desktop today, but I've been trying to fix this problem all day. Guess I'll do it now.

Lutfij

Splendid
A fresh install of windows would do you wonders as about this point you're beating about the bush and you have no reason why you're doing so. Yes, this sort of outcome generally comes from a corruption within windows and since you can't really say when this took place...we have to assume that anything and everything you do is more down time on your work.

Take a deep breath and backup data and take another deep breath to install windows :)

Your copy of windows isn't pirated now, is it?

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
No, it's legit. I don't believe in pirating anything.

I'm going to try installing the latest IE and see if that changes anything. Really don't want to back up all the files I have lol. But if it comes down to it I suppose I can do a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.