Help needed for audio in setup

Marrobot

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hey,
I'm having trouble finding a good solution for getting audio from my setup.

This is my current setup:
- Computer
- Nintendo Switch
- Headphones
- Speakers (without build-in amp)
- Old stereo used as amp
I have my headphones plugged directly into my pc or switch (depending on which I'm using) and have the old stereo plugged into the audio out in my screen. This audio out has a lot of noise, so this isn't a good solution.

This is what I want:
- Not having to use the stereo, because it's bulky and has other inconveniences
- Not having to swap cables when switching devices
- Taking audio from the HDMI output in my switch, so I don't have to unplug anything when I want to take it with me
- A physical volume button
- Not being $500 lighter at the end of this

If anyone can even give me a tip on where to start, that would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this long post.
Cheers!

Solution
If you use HDMI to connect your PC and the Switch to your monitor you can get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. Connect that to the input of a pair of powered speakers with their own volume control. These input selectors usually have optical and coax digital out as well as analog audio out so you can connect both the speakers and a headphone amp to it.
Check out Edifier speakers
http://www.edifier.com/us/en/speakers/bookshelf

Marrobot

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017

Sorry, but this device is way to high end for me.
It's pretty big, has a lot of inputs I don't need and comes with a hefty price tag.
Thanks for answering tho!

If you use HDMI to connect your PC and the Switch to your monitor you can get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. Connect that to the input of a pair of powered speakers with their own volume control. These input selectors usually have optical and coax digital out as well as analog audio out so you can connect both the speakers and a headphone amp to it.
Check out Edifier speakers
http://www.edifier.com/us/en/speakers/bookshelf

Solution