Help needed for hooking up blue ray, dvd, surround sound, fire tv, and xbox 360.

samheras

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
I have a samsung tv with 2 HDMI ports and one optical port. My sound system has one HDMI and one optical port and is from Sony and it includes my DVD player. I recently purchased a blue ray and player and amazon fire tv. My son has an xbox 360. How can I hook this all up? I want surround sound for everything but could live without it for the xbox.

Without model numbers of the TV and HTS the best solution is to add an HDMI switcher that would expand the number of HDMI Inputs.
http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-RF-G1185-4-Port-HDMI-Selector/dp/B006FTFQZY
If your TV and HTS have ARC then plug that directly into the TV input labeled ARC and turn ARC on in the TV and HTS menus.
If you don't have ARC in both then connect the TV optical out to the HTS optical input and select that when not using the DVD.

Without model numbers of the TV and HTS the best solution is to add an HDMI switcher that would expand the number of HDMI Inputs.
http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-RF-G1185-4-Port-HDMI-Selector/dp/B006FTFQZY
If your TV and HTS have ARC then plug that directly into the TV input labeled ARC and turn ARC on in the TV and HTS menus.
If you don't have ARC in both then connect the TV optical out to the HTS optical input and select that when not using the DVD.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 6
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1