Solved! Help Needed, Laptop monitor not displayiing

Apr 15, 2018
recently I was using my Asus ux490f and I closed it and entered sleep mode, however the screen didn't back on when I opened it again. I performed a hard reset and the monitor still didn't turn on. I left it for a while and later in the day when I checked my router the computer was connected to it. I connected to it using the remote desktop app and everything still works fine, even the camera. the only problem now is that the screen doesn't turn on nor does it display through the HDMI. I tried reinstalling the graphics drivers but that did not fix anything. the screen just won't turn on. (not even a black glow. it's completely off please help.

Solution
Your info is a tad confusing, as you say you tried reinstalling the graphics drivers but can't see on that screen nor another connected via HDMI. Does this mean you can see on a different external screen? If that is the case, then the attached the display or the cable that connect it are the likely problem and make need replacing.

If, however, you can't see on any display, then I would be looking at the Graphics Card/GPU as the problem and needing replacing. Possibly even the motherboard.
Your info is a tad confusing, as you say you tried reinstalling the graphics drivers but can't see on that screen nor another connected via HDMI. Does this mean you can see on a different external screen? If that is the case, then the attached the display or the cable that connect it are the likely problem and make need replacing.

If, however, you can't see on any display, then I would be looking at the Graphics Card/GPU as the problem and needing replacing. Possibly even the motherboard.

Solution
Apr 15, 2018

I am able to access and use the computer through the Remote Desktop app that I configured while it was still working. It allows to me use my phone as a secondary screen and input and through it I am still able to render objects in 3D application softwares so I don’t think it’s the graphics card, however it is still a possibility.based on that I would imagine I could project it to a smart tv but I don’t have access to one right now. I think the motherboard may have a fault since none of the ports are detecting a hdmi connection (but weirdly enough can still connect to a usb drive). It may also be possible that a bug occurred because I see a generic non pnp display in the devices tab. I am not sure if that was there before or is what it’s detecting my phone as.

Thanks for the help. I’ll try to send it in to Asus for repair since it is still under warranty